Green garden waste collections to resume and run during winter months
Green garden waste collections will resume on April 2 and will now run during the winter months, thanks to new funding.
In August, Redbridge Council applied for £1.1million from the Department of Communities and Local Government to extend the scheduled weekly garden waste collection to an all year service.
Normally, between November and March, residents need to book a garden waste collection, but the additional funding means residents in kerbside properties will now receive a regular weekly collection.
Cllr Shoaib Patel said: “We know that people care deeply about keeping the borough clean and value the convenience of a regular garden waste collection.
“I am incredibly pleased that we have managed to secure funding that will allow us to extend this excellent service.”
You may also want to watch:
n For more information visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/greengardenwaste.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit