Green garden waste collections to resume and run during winter months
Green garden waste collections will resume on April 2 and will now run during the winter months, thanks to new funding.
In August, Redbridge Council applied for £1.1million from the Department of Communities and Local Government to extend the scheduled weekly garden waste collection to an all year service.
Normally, between November and March, residents need to book a garden waste collection, but the additional funding means residents in kerbside properties will now receive a regular weekly collection.
Cllr Shoaib Patel said: “We know that people care deeply about keeping the borough clean and value the convenience of a regular garden waste collection.
“I am incredibly pleased that we have managed to secure funding that will allow us to extend this excellent service.”
You may also want to watch:
n For more information visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/greengardenwaste.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford