Greater Anglia running altered Ilford trains over festive period
Greater Anglia are promising passengers a festive season free of the “major, disruptive engineering works” scheduled in previous years.
A normal weekday service will run on the Liverpool Street to Shenfield line on Christmas Eve but finish early and no services apart from the Stanstead Express will run on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Trains will be back to normal on December 27 and 28 and on Saturday 29 overhead line work will make journey times 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Buses will replace trains between Romford and Shenfield before 8.10am on Sunday 30 and a normal service will run on New Year’s Eve.
A special service will run on New Year’s Day. Some ticket restrictions on off-peak tickets will also be lifted between December 21 January 4.
You may also want to watch:
See www.greateranglia.co.uk for information.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening