Greater Anglia running altered Ilford trains over festive period
Greater Anglia are promising passengers a festive season free of the “major, disruptive engineering works” scheduled in previous years.
A normal weekday service will run on the Liverpool Street to Shenfield line on Christmas Eve but finish early and no services apart from the Stanstead Express will run on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Trains will be back to normal on December 27 and 28 and on Saturday 29 overhead line work will make journey times 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Buses will replace trains between Romford and Shenfield before 8.10am on Sunday 30 and a normal service will run on New Year’s Eve.
A special service will run on New Year’s Day. Some ticket restrictions on off-peak tickets will also be lifted between December 21 January 4.
You may also want to watch:
See www.greateranglia.co.uk for information.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit