Greater Anglia hails ‘improving’ train punctuality
Train operator Greater Anglia has hailed improving punctuality for its services in March.
More than 93 per cent of trains in the network arrived within five minutes of their scheduled time.
On the Southend and Metro service, which calls at Ilford, Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath, the figure was 95 per cent.
Rural and mainline services from East Anglia brought the overall figure down.
Greater Anglia managing director Ruud Haket said: “Both we and our customers are looking for even higher standards and even greater consistency.
You may also want to watch:
“We will therefore continue to work closely with our colleagues at Network Rail, focusing on further improvements for our customers and the region we serve.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour