Greater Anglia delays through Ilford after person hit by train at Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
Greater Anglia train services through Ilford, Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath are being delayed or cancelled after a person was fatally hit by a train at Forest Gate station.
Greater Anglia tweeted at 4.50pm: “Forest Gate - Normal running has resumed, but trains via Forest Gate subject to approx. 60 min delays or cancellations until approx 8pm.”
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Our officers were called to Forest Gate railway station at 3.25pm on Wednesday, 3 September, after a report that a person had been struck by a train.
“Colleagues from the Metropolitan Police Service and London Ambulance Service also attended, and a man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
The incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and officers are working to identify the deceased and inform his family.
You may also want to watch:
The accident occurs just three days after a man was killed by a train at Romford station on the same line.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines