Grant secured for children’s mosaic to be added to Ilford peace monument
An Ilford group has secured a grant from the Church Urban Fund to hold a series of workshops where children will create a piece of art to represent all the faiths in the borough.
The East Ilford Betterment Partnership will hold the free mosaic art workshops for children aged between five and 11 at the Clementswood Community Centre, Connaught Road, Ilford during February half term.
The theme for the art installation will be faith, hope and unity.
The top ten designs produced will be then used at the base of the Redbridge Peace Monument, on the junction of Riches Road and Winston Way, Ilford.
As part of this project, the group are also seeking faith leaders from all major faiths who would be willing to contribute some time to speak on community cohesion and to provide images and models to inspire the young artists.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up for the workshops call Wilson Chowdhry on 020 8514 0861 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London