Goodmayes woman sentenced after couple tortured for jewellery
A gang of four, including a Goodmayes woman, have been sentenced after a couple were tortured and �1million of gems and watches was stolen from their jewellery shop.
Kady Wilson, 24, of Tuscany House, Medici Close, was found guilty of concealing �800,000 of stolen jewellery and was previously sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment suspended for two years.
The three other gang members, who were all found guilty at Woolwich Crown Court, were sentenced on Tuesday.
Gary Williams, 38, of Whittle Close, Walthamstow, was sentenced to a total of 10-and-a-half years after being found guilty of conspiracy to burgle and concealing �800,000 of stolen jewellery.
Turker Mustafa, 28, of Foundry Gate, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, pleaded guilty at the start of the trial to conspiracy to burgle and was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail.
You may also want to watch:
Leon Williams, 37, of Cranley Gardens, Muswell Hill, was sentenced to 10 years after being found guilty of conspiracy to burgle.
They were all jailed in relation to an incident on May 8 of last year when a 50-year-old man and a 56-year-old woman were attacked in their home in Moray Road, Islington, and were forced to hand over keys and safe combinations to their jewellery shop in Fore Street, Enfield.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford