Goodmayes woman turns 100 soon after getting Covid jab
- Credit: Eastwood Lodge
A woman celebrated her 100th birthday just a few weeks after receiving the Covid jab in a Goodmayes care home.
Ethel Smith, born February 13, 1921, said she was over the moon to receive a birthday card from the Queen, who is just six years younger than she is.
She was able to have a small party and celebrate with friends at Eastwood Lodge.
She has been in the home since May 2018 and had the first dose of the Astra-Zeneca jab in January with no difficulty, along with fellow residents and staff.
She isn't so keen on the monthly swab taking though because she said it makes her sneeze and her eyes water.
Ethel enjoyed her cake and birthday tea and the staff said they were looking forward to arranging something a little more special for her next birthday when she turns 101 (if lockdown restrictions are eased by then!).
- 1 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 4 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 5 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 6 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London
- 7 How many Covid vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 8 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 9 People urged to take part in seven-day food waste challenge
- 10 Council's housing budget and rent rise agreed