Goodmayes residents get cleaning with councillors and officers
Goodmayes had a spring clean on Friday when a team of volunteers took to the streets to tackle litter, graffiti and other nuisances.
Councillor Ali Hai, who organised the walkabout, said: “We had a really good walk around Goodmayes.
“I was joined by councillors from planning, cleansing, GRASS members and residents.”
The team collected 10 bags of litter, tidied up 50 front gardens and took the details of 12 planning breaches, including a garage operating illegally.
Goodmayes Residents’ Association chairman Keith Stanbury was also on the walkabout.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I think it was good for people to see members of the community helping them, some people thought we were council workers.
“We saw some very encouraging signs with people keeping gardens tidy and so on.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
The next clean-up is expected to take place around the end of July.