Goodmayes receptionist Edna is hospital trust’s employee of the month
A HOSPITAL receptionist of 29 years has been lavished with flowers after winning an employee of the month award.
Edna Arnold works as an outpatients receptionist at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
She was surrounded by colleagues as she was given Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust’s Employee of the Month award for February.
Acting Supervisor Ann Robson said: “I have known Edna for nearly 30 years and would like to thank her for all her hard work and her ongoing loyalty to our department.
“Nothing is ever too much trouble for Edna. We can always rely on her to help us out.
You may also want to watch:
“She has a heart of gold and we are all glad that we work alongside her.”
Edna, who was given flowers, a certificate and vouchers, was nominated for the gong by staff from across the health trust.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
She was described as being hard working, professional and conscientious.