Goodmayes receptionist Edna is hospital trust’s employee of the month
A HOSPITAL receptionist of 29 years has been lavished with flowers after winning an employee of the month award.
Edna Arnold works as an outpatients receptionist at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
She was surrounded by colleagues as she was given Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust’s Employee of the Month award for February.
Acting Supervisor Ann Robson said: “I have known Edna for nearly 30 years and would like to thank her for all her hard work and her ongoing loyalty to our department.
“Nothing is ever too much trouble for Edna. We can always rely on her to help us out.
You may also want to watch:
“She has a heart of gold and we are all glad that we work alongside her.”
Edna, who was given flowers, a certificate and vouchers, was nominated for the gong by staff from across the health trust.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
She was described as being hard working, professional and conscientious.