Challenge offers young people chance to design mural in Goodmayes
- Credit: Rosie Woods
A social enterprise has launched an art challenge giving Redbridge youngsters the opportunity to get their work on the street.
The Welcome To Goodmayes project, organised by Art Clubbers CIC, is open to anyone between ages 10 and 24 who lives, works, or studies in the borough.
Artists are asked to reflect on the “vibrancy and diversity” of the community, with winners selected by public vote.
Their design will be used as the starting point for a public mural, to be installed in 2022.
The organisers hope that the creative competition will help put Goodmayes on the map ahead of the opening of the Elizabeth Line next year.
You may also want to watch:
Art Clubbers founder and managing director Ajay Pabial said: “it’s incredibly important that we continue to spotlight Goodmayes as a hub for local enterprise, a safe place to live and an area bustling with rich culture and leisure.”
Art Clubbers is a community interest company which aims to champion and support young creatives.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 5 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 6 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 7 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 8 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
The competition is open until November 1.