Challenge offers young people chance to design mural in Goodmayes
- Credit: Rosie Woods
A social enterprise has launched an art challenge giving Redbridge youngsters the opportunity to get their work on the street.
The Welcome To Goodmayes project, organised by Art Clubbers CIC, is open to anyone between ages 10 and 24 who lives, works, or studies in the borough.
Artists are asked to reflect on the “vibrancy and diversity” of the community, with winners selected by public vote.
Their design will be used as the starting point for a public mural, to be installed in 2022.
The organisers hope that the creative competition will help put Goodmayes on the map ahead of the opening of the Elizabeth Line next year.
Art Clubbers founder and managing director Ajay Pabial said: “it’s incredibly important that we continue to spotlight Goodmayes as a hub for local enterprise, a safe place to live and an area bustling with rich culture and leisure.”
Art Clubbers is a community interest company which aims to champion and support young creatives.
- 1 Ombudsman slams council over its investigation responses
- 2 Pub loses licence temporarily after rape allegation
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 8 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 9 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
The competition is open until November 1.