Goodmayes muggers pull coat over man’s eyes so he can’t see them
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and had his coat pulled over his eyes so he could not seen his attackers.
The 34-year-old was walking along Goodmayes Lane near Abbortsford Road in Goodmayes at about 11:55pm when the robbery happened.
He was using his mobile phone when he heard footsteps running towards him.
When he turned around there were two men behind him.
One man tried to punch him but caught his phone which fell to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
He pulled the victim’s coat over his head so he could not see them.
The 34-year-old’s mobile phone was stolen along with �100 cash during the August 30 mugging.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
The suspects fled towards Abbortsford Road and are both said to between 20 and 25-years-old and about 5ft 6in tall.
One suspect was wearing a black jacket and jeans while the other was wearing a white T-shirt.
If you have any information, call Det Con Samantha Lynch on 020 8345 2710.