Goodmayes muggers pull coat over man’s eyes so he can’t see them
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and had his coat pulled over his eyes so he could not seen his attackers.
The 34-year-old was walking along Goodmayes Lane near Abbortsford Road in Goodmayes at about 11:55pm when the robbery happened.
He was using his mobile phone when he heard footsteps running towards him.
When he turned around there were two men behind him.
One man tried to punch him but caught his phone which fell to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
He pulled the victim’s coat over his head so he could not see them.
The 34-year-old’s mobile phone was stolen along with �100 cash during the August 30 mugging.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
The suspects fled towards Abbortsford Road and are both said to between 20 and 25-years-old and about 5ft 6in tall.
One suspect was wearing a black jacket and jeans while the other was wearing a white T-shirt.
If you have any information, call Det Con Samantha Lynch on 020 8345 2710.