Goodmayes Hospital is focus of new BBC3 documentary by Frank Bruno’s daughter
The mental health services offered to patients at a hospital in Goodmayes will feature in a new BBC3 documentary about boxer, Frank Bruno.
The programme, which will be presented by Frank’s daughter, Rachel Bruno, will focus on Sunflowers Court mental health facility run by North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) in Barley Lane.
Frank was cared for at the hospital after he was sectioned and later diagnosed with Bipolar in 2003.
The programme which looks at the recovery of the former boxing world champion, highlights the signs and symptoms of the illness and the help available to sufferers.
Dr Bill Travers, a consultant psychiatrist at NELFT, said: “It is important that the mental health services NELFT provides to people who suffer Bipolar and other psychiatric illnesses are being highlighted as it shows the work we are doing to help sufferers.
You may also want to watch:
“It will also help break the stigma surrounding mental illnesses in general, and might encourage people who think they may be suffering to approach somebody for help.”
Rachel Bruno: My Dad and Me will air on Tuesday at 9pm.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme