Goodmayes Hospital is focus of new BBC3 documentary by Frank Bruno’s daughter
The mental health services offered to patients at a hospital in Goodmayes will feature in a new BBC3 documentary about boxer, Frank Bruno.
The programme, which will be presented by Frank’s daughter, Rachel Bruno, will focus on Sunflowers Court mental health facility run by North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) in Barley Lane.
Frank was cared for at the hospital after he was sectioned and later diagnosed with Bipolar in 2003.
The programme which looks at the recovery of the former boxing world champion, highlights the signs and symptoms of the illness and the help available to sufferers.
Dr Bill Travers, a consultant psychiatrist at NELFT, said: “It is important that the mental health services NELFT provides to people who suffer Bipolar and other psychiatric illnesses are being highlighted as it shows the work we are doing to help sufferers.
You may also want to watch:
“It will also help break the stigma surrounding mental illnesses in general, and might encourage people who think they may be suffering to approach somebody for help.”
Rachel Bruno: My Dad and Me will air on Tuesday at 9pm.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts