Girlfriend of father found dead in Woodford Green says he had ‘so much to live for’
The girlfriend of a young father-of-one found dead in Woodford Green has spoken to the Recorder after his funeral was held last week.
The body of Luke Harwood, 18, from Harold Hill, was discovered near Broadmead Fields, Broadmead Road, on May 28, and five people are due to stand trial accused of his murder later this year.
Hannah Page, 21, is the mother of Luke’s nine-month-old son Archie. She is also pregnant with the couple’s daughter – Lilly-Rose – due in November.
She said: “Luke was loved by many people and that was shown on the day of his funeral. He was a very loving, caring person who had many friends.
“Luke will be sadly missed and will never be forgotten. He should never have been taken from us and he had so much to live for.
You may also want to watch:
“He never had one bad bone in his body and was always looking out for people and helping them as much as he could.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 7 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 10 Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife