Girl Aloud star Nicola Roberts in Barkingside to visit charity
Pop singer Nicola Roberts visited Barkingside to be made honorary ambassador of charity Barnardo’s yesterday after being praised for giving “invaluable” support to the cause.
Chief executive Anne Marie Carie said the singer, made famous through chart topping group Girls Aloud, had well deserved the role, before handing her a framed certificate signed by the charity’s president the Duchess of Cornwall.
Miss Roberts toured the charity’s headquarters in Tanners Lane set up by Dr Thomas Barnardo, before seeing first-hand a children’s church and original cottages.
She said: “I’m a huge supporter of the charity and all of its work in helping the most disadvantaged children and young people and I feel extremely honoured to take on an ambassadorial role.
“I can’t wait to learn more about the work of the charity and to promote this worthwhile cause”.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Ms Carie said: “It was lovely to meet Nicola and to formally thank her for supporting the charity.
“Our celebrity ambassadors help us in so many ways from fundraising to awareness building and networking opportunities.”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 6 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Man stabbed in Goodmayes