GCSEs: Students add AS-level joy after blitzing their exams at Loxford School, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Dodging puddles and running from the rain, pupils arrived in mass this morning at Loxford School of Science and Technology to receive their GCSE results.
With a sense of achievement and success in the air, students gathered around to celebrate and swap results at the school in Loxford Lane, Ilford.
Kajul Patel was extremely pleased when she saw she had been awarded four A*s and six As earlier this morning.
She said: “I am very happy as I also received a B in A-level maths. I’m looking forward to coming back to study at sixth form, and tomorrow I am going to celebrate with friends and a dinner with the family.”
Excited family members were nearby, ready to congratulate their children and siblings on their success.
You may also want to watch:
One very proud brother, Jakir Baksh, said he is going to award his little sister £50 for every A* she received because he was so impressed with her grades.
Sadia Baksh received nine A*s, three As and also joins Kajul with an early AS-level after she was awarded an A in AS-level maths.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Her family are planning on hiring out a restaurant so that the whole family can celebrate at the weekend.
There were lots of success stories at the school earlier today, including Hiba Azim who picked up seven A*s and two As, and Alishba Majed who claimed two A*s and nine As.
Headteacher Anita Johnson said: “I’m extremely pleased with the success and that results have risen again for another year. It has been an amazing day of smiles and success.
“We are pleased that many of the students will be joining us in September for sixth form, and welcome students from other schools who have also done well.”