GCSE results: Two students achieve the incredible with 24 A*s between them at Forest School
A third of GCSE results at Forest School were an A* grade - an increase of five percent on the previous year.
Two students achieved the incredible with 12 A*s each making Freddie Hings and Ying Li the top performing pupils at the school in Snaresbrook.
Freddie said: “I am obviously relieved. This is so fantastic, and all on my mother’s birthday – what a gift for her”
Four pupils received 11 A*s each, and six students got 10 A* a piece.
Amy Wildgoose, who received 10 A* grades, said: “I cried when I saw my results. It was a little confusing seeing all of those grades on one sheet of paper, but once it was all explained to me, I knew it was okay in the end. I’m off to the Reading Festival to celebrate”.
You may also want to watch:
Overall 76 percent of pupils receive one or more A*s and 92 percent achieve A* to B grades.
Sarah Kerr-Dineen, warden at the school in College Place, said: “The fact that this year group is also one of the most heavily committed outside the classroom also adds weight to our belief here at Forest that busy pupils excel”.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash