GCSE results: Two students achieve the incredible with 24 A*s between them at Forest School
A third of GCSE results at Forest School were an A* grade - an increase of five percent on the previous year.
Two students achieved the incredible with 12 A*s each making Freddie Hings and Ying Li the top performing pupils at the school in Snaresbrook.
Freddie said: “I am obviously relieved. This is so fantastic, and all on my mother’s birthday – what a gift for her”
Four pupils received 11 A*s each, and six students got 10 A* a piece.
Amy Wildgoose, who received 10 A* grades, said: “I cried when I saw my results. It was a little confusing seeing all of those grades on one sheet of paper, but once it was all explained to me, I knew it was okay in the end. I’m off to the Reading Festival to celebrate”.
You may also want to watch:
Overall 76 percent of pupils receive one or more A*s and 92 percent achieve A* to B grades.
Sarah Kerr-Dineen, warden at the school in College Place, said: “The fact that this year group is also one of the most heavily committed outside the classroom also adds weight to our belief here at Forest that busy pupils excel”.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation