GCSE results: Staggering 10 A*s for one girl at Woodford County High School
More than half of the students at Woodford Country High School got either A*s or As in their GCSE results.
About 51 percent of the girls got a full sweeps of the top grades.
The vast majority of the girls are planning to stay on at the school in High Road, Woodford Green, to do their A-levels.
One such student was Jenny Essery, 16, who got a staggering 10 A*s in her GCSEs.
She said: “I’m really really excited. In all of the hard work I was hoping for this. It’s a bit of a relief that it’s finally happened and it’s all gone well.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite to exceptionally well Jenny said she was very nervous the night before but when she woke up this morning she was just excited.
“I was more nervous before the exams,” she said “and now we have found out that work has paid off.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
Rachel Southern-Thomas, 16, who got nine A*s said she dealt with the pressure by looking after her young cousin which kept her busy.
“I was quite nervous” she said, “My parents didn’t mention it, we didn’t talk about it the whole day.”
Headteacher Jo Pomeroy said: “We are please with the results. I was alarmed by the bit on the news about deflation in English grades and we have seen that. Lots of the girls are very pleased.”