GCSE results: Chadwell Heath Academy pupils share their happiness over GCSE results
Three friends in the same form at Chadwell Heath Academy, Christie Gardens, refused to be outdone by each other when they all achieved six A*s and four As today.
The trio of Adam Gadhvi, Mueez Queresha and Lucien Nzotarh were among the GCSE students nervously opening their envelopes to find out their exam results this morning.
Adam, who wants to be a surgeon, said: “As soon as got my results I called my parents and they were really pleased.”
A number of students showed an ambitious nature by not being entirely satisfied with their results.
Gavin Loh, 16, said he’d done “pretty well”, gaining two A*s, three As, three Bs and two Cs, even though he hadn’t expected to get any Cs.
You may also want to watch:
He said he’d been too busy to get nervous about the results.
He added: “My way of thinking is don’t worry about it until it happens.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
Jason Brathwaite, 16, had one A* in additional science but felt he should have got more.
His other grades were four As, three Bs and a C.
He said: “I’m not good at course work but I’m pretty happy with that.”
Tamara Chambers, 16, said friends and family had told her not to get too stressed in the run-up to today.
She said: “Everyone was talking about it but I wasn’t nervous but by yesterday, I started to get scared.”
In the end, she could proudly say she’d achieved three A*s and six As.