Gayle sets goal target
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Dwight Gayle wants to be the club’s leading man this season
Dwight Gayle is yet to open his Dagenham & Redbridge goal account, but the promising striker has set himself an ambitious target for the season.
The 21-year-old – who had been prolific at non-league level for Stansted and Bishop’s Stortford in the last two campaigns – kept Cheltenham stopper Scott Brown and Plymouth keeper Jake Cole busy in two accomplished appearances this week, as he looked instantly at home in the Football League.
However, the confident frontman left the field each time with the unusual feeling of no goal to his name and has vowed to make that a rarity.
“I’m hoping to get 15 league goals this season,” said Gayle.
You may also want to watch:
“I think that’s realistic if I keep playing.
“There are a lot of strikers for the gaffer to choose from. Each person can come in and do a job. You have to prove yourself when you’re out there to keep playing.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
To read more from Dwight Gayle pick up a copy of this week’s Barking & Dagenham Post or Ilford Recorder. Both out now.