Gayle sets goal target
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Dwight Gayle wants to be the club’s leading man this season
Dwight Gayle is yet to open his Dagenham & Redbridge goal account, but the promising striker has set himself an ambitious target for the season.
The 21-year-old – who had been prolific at non-league level for Stansted and Bishop’s Stortford in the last two campaigns – kept Cheltenham stopper Scott Brown and Plymouth keeper Jake Cole busy in two accomplished appearances this week, as he looked instantly at home in the Football League.
However, the confident frontman left the field each time with the unusual feeling of no goal to his name and has vowed to make that a rarity.
“I’m hoping to get 15 league goals this season,” said Gayle.
You may also want to watch:
“I think that’s realistic if I keep playing.
“There are a lot of strikers for the gaffer to choose from. Each person can come in and do a job. You have to prove yourself when you’re out there to keep playing.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
To read more from Dwight Gayle pick up a copy of this week’s Barking & Dagenham Post or Ilford Recorder. Both out now.