Gas works on A12 set to cause major delays in Goodmayes
Major gas works on the A12 Eastern Avenue are expected to cause serious delays to motorists in Goodmayes when they start on Monday morning.
Transport for London is warning drivers they will not be able to turn off the dual carriageway into either Barley Lane or Hainault Road, and will not be able to cross Eastern Avenue between the two roads.
The roadworks, which could take until December 4 to complete, could cause lengthy tailbacks and bus routes 296 and 396 will be diverted.
Any one wanting to turn off at the junction will be forced to turn on to Aldborough Road North or Aldborough Road South or Whalebone Lane North, before following diversion signs.
Ambulances and other emergency vehicles should not be affected by the changes.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the planned works? Phone 020 8477 3821, or leave a comment below.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening