Gas works on A12 set to cause major delays in Goodmayes
Major gas works on the A12 Eastern Avenue are expected to cause serious delays to motorists in Goodmayes when they start on Monday morning.
Transport for London is warning drivers they will not be able to turn off the dual carriageway into either Barley Lane or Hainault Road, and will not be able to cross Eastern Avenue between the two roads.
The roadworks, which could take until December 4 to complete, could cause lengthy tailbacks and bus routes 296 and 396 will be diverted.
Any one wanting to turn off at the junction will be forced to turn on to Aldborough Road North or Aldborough Road South or Whalebone Lane North, before following diversion signs.
Ambulances and other emergency vehicles should not be affected by the changes.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of the planned works? Phone 020 8477 3821, or leave a comment below.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London