Gants Hill wedding planner shares her top business tips
- Credit: Archant
With spring well and truly upon us, the borough’s wedding planners are battening down the hatches in preparation for the summertime blitz of brides-to-be.
One such wedding planner is Natasha Corbin Stewart.
From her Gants Hill studio in Eastern Avenue, Natasha helps make sure the happiest day of her clients’ lives goes off without a hitch.
And the 42-year-old’s connection with Redbridge goes back to her teenage years.
“My family are originally from Manor Park, but we moved to Seven Kings when I was 15 – my mum wanted to move out to a nice area I suppose.
You may also want to watch:
“I actually studied nursery nursing at Redbridge College, which is a far cry from what I do now.”
So how did Natasha land the job?
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
“I was actually working at a beauty salon which had been set up by a multimillionaire, he came in one day and said ‘I’m getting married, you have a month to plan a wedding’, and since then I’ve never really looked back!”
Natasha has now got 20 years of experience in the industry, but that first wedding still stands apart from the others.
“It’s still the shortest amount of time I’ve ever had to plan a wedding – one month.
“The longest I’ve ever had was two years and I’ve just got back from doing a string of five weddings in St Lucia, people seem to love the beautiful beaches out there.”
So what business tips does Natasha have for Redbridge’s would-be entrepreneurs?
“Be honest with yourself and with your client, make sure you understand what they want and make sure you do your very best to give it to them.”