Gants Hill, Wanstead stations closed as Tube strike bites
THE Central Line is suspended between Hainault and Woodford stations this morning as commuters face a fourth Tube strike of the year.
Wanstead and Gants Hill stations are closed and a special service is operating on the Central Line between West Ruislip/Ealing Broadway and White City, and between Hainault/Epping and Holborn.
All other lines are running with a special service, while the Circle Line has been completely suspended.
Transport for London says 80 per cent of stations are open, and 45 per cent trains are running.
Members of the RMT and TSSA unions started a 24-hour walkout at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
But London Underground bosses have warned union leaders their actions “will achieve nothing whatsoever”.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended