Gants Hill, Wanstead stations closed as Tube strike bites
THE Central Line is suspended between Hainault and Woodford stations this morning as commuters face a fourth Tube strike of the year.
Wanstead and Gants Hill stations are closed and a special service is operating on the Central Line between West Ruislip/Ealing Broadway and White City, and between Hainault/Epping and Holborn.
All other lines are running with a special service, while the Circle Line has been completely suspended.
Transport for London says 80 per cent of stations are open, and 45 per cent trains are running.
Members of the RMT and TSSA unions started a 24-hour walkout at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
But London Underground bosses have warned union leaders their actions “will achieve nothing whatsoever”.
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 2 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 3 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening