Gants Hill, Wanstead stations closed as Tube strike bites
THE Central Line is suspended between Hainault and Woodford stations this morning as commuters face a fourth Tube strike of the year.
Wanstead and Gants Hill stations are closed and a special service is operating on the Central Line between West Ruislip/Ealing Broadway and White City, and between Hainault/Epping and Holborn.
All other lines are running with a special service, while the Circle Line has been completely suspended.
Transport for London says 80 per cent of stations are open, and 45 per cent trains are running.
Members of the RMT and TSSA unions started a 24-hour walkout at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
But London Underground bosses have warned union leaders their actions “will achieve nothing whatsoever”.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021