Gants Hill, Wanstead stations closed as Tube strike bites
THE Central Line is suspended between Hainault and Woodford stations this morning as commuters face a fourth Tube strike of the year.
Wanstead and Gants Hill stations are closed and a special service is operating on the Central Line between West Ruislip/Ealing Broadway and White City, and between Hainault/Epping and Holborn.
All other lines are running with a special service, while the Circle Line has been completely suspended.
Transport for London says 80 per cent of stations are open, and 45 per cent trains are running.
Members of the RMT and TSSA unions started a 24-hour walkout at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
But London Underground bosses have warned union leaders their actions “will achieve nothing whatsoever”.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust