Gants Hill Tube station reopened after smoking fuse board causes fire alert
A “smoking fuse board” caused Gants Hill Tube station to be closed following a fire alert this morning.
Firefighters from Ilford and Hainault were called to the station, in Eastern Avenue, shortly after 10.15am and left the scene at around 11.45am.
Trains are now stopping at the station again after it reopened at around 2.40pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “It was a fuse in a fuse board that overheated and caused smoke and set off alarms.”
A Transport for London spokesman said staff worked hard to open the station as soon as it was possible.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters walked out on strike over a pension dispute between 6-8am this morning but the London Fire Brigade is now operating normally.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say