Gants Hill hairdresser wins award for Easter hairstyle with chocolate eggs
- Credit: Archant
Easter must be the only time of year when “birds nest” hair is in vogue.
Teenage hairdresser Laura Huckstepp won an award for this seasonal style, which included hidden chocolate eggs and flashing fairy lights entwined in a model’s hair.
Laura, 18, works as an apprentice at Uppercut in Gants Hill and was crowned the group’s trainee of the year in the annual competition.
She had to come up with a style fitting an Easter theme.
An Uppercut spokesman said: “The model’s hair included back-combing to create a nest of hair, which included butterflies, flowers and hidden chocolate eggs added to give that Easter feel.
You may also want to watch:
“To top this off, Laura went one step further and included flashing fairy lights.”
Laura said she was “shocked” to have won.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
She added: “I had been practicing on my creation for months and my final look was exactly what I wanted.
“It took me three hours to complete on the day. I’m overwhelmed.”
She celebrated with champagne and the leftover Easter eggs.