Gants Hill hairdresser’s ‘Cirque du Frog’ creation wins award
A young Gants Hill salon apprentice beat 20 fellow hairdressers to scoop a company award for her striking artistic talent.
Stephanie Burrow, 18, represented the Uppercut salon, in Cranbrook Road, in an annual event that sees trainees from six Redbridge salons take part in a challenge to make over a model to a specific theme.
This year’s theme was Cirque Du Soleil and managers from all six salons decided Stephanie’s “Cirque du Frog” creation was the most striking.
Stephanie said: “I was a runner-up last year.
“I worked for months on the creation and I’m so happy my hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Manageress Lauren Paton said: “We are all so proud of Steph. She worked really hard and deserved to win.
“She even cut her own extensions out of her hair to add to her creation.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines