Gants Hill hairdresser’s ‘Cirque du Frog’ creation wins award
A young Gants Hill salon apprentice beat 20 fellow hairdressers to scoop a company award for her striking artistic talent.
Stephanie Burrow, 18, represented the Uppercut salon, in Cranbrook Road, in an annual event that sees trainees from six Redbridge salons take part in a challenge to make over a model to a specific theme.
This year’s theme was Cirque Du Soleil and managers from all six salons decided Stephanie’s “Cirque du Frog” creation was the most striking.
Stephanie said: “I was a runner-up last year.
“I worked for months on the creation and I’m so happy my hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Manageress Lauren Paton said: “We are all so proud of Steph. She worked really hard and deserved to win.
“She even cut her own extensions out of her hair to add to her creation.”
- 1 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes