Gants Hill hairdresser’s ‘Cirque du Frog’ creation wins award
A young Gants Hill salon apprentice beat 20 fellow hairdressers to scoop a company award for her striking artistic talent.
Stephanie Burrow, 18, represented the Uppercut salon, in Cranbrook Road, in an annual event that sees trainees from six Redbridge salons take part in a challenge to make over a model to a specific theme.
This year’s theme was Cirque Du Soleil and managers from all six salons decided Stephanie’s “Cirque du Frog” creation was the most striking.
Stephanie said: “I was a runner-up last year.
“I worked for months on the creation and I’m so happy my hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Manageress Lauren Paton said: “We are all so proud of Steph. She worked really hard and deserved to win.
“She even cut her own extensions out of her hair to add to her creation.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath