Gants Hill fish and chip shop receives national award
A Gants Hill fish and chip shop has received a national award for quality.
Serene Fish and Chips, in Woodford Road, is the first shop in the Ilford area to receive the award from the National Federation of Fish Fryers (NFFF).
Shop owner Mustafa Redif runs the acclaimed chippy with his family.
He said: “Hard work by staff and meticulous attention to hygiene always brings its rewards.”
The scheme is run to raise standards within the trade and raise the industry’s profile.
You may also want to watch:
The shop’s presentation, hygeine, cleanliness, frying and staff skills were assessed by NFFF officials, who also tried the finished product.
Serene Fish and Chips will hold the award for two years before being re-assessed.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath