Gants Hill fish and chip shop receives national award
A Gants Hill fish and chip shop has received a national award for quality.
Serene Fish and Chips, in Woodford Road, is the first shop in the Ilford area to receive the award from the National Federation of Fish Fryers (NFFF).
Shop owner Mustafa Redif runs the acclaimed chippy with his family.
He said: “Hard work by staff and meticulous attention to hygiene always brings its rewards.”
The scheme is run to raise standards within the trade and raise the industry’s profile.
You may also want to watch:
The shop’s presentation, hygeine, cleanliness, frying and staff skills were assessed by NFFF officials, who also tried the finished product.
Serene Fish and Chips will hold the award for two years before being re-assessed.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears