Gants Hill estate agents back woman’s cancer charity fundraising drive
- Credit: Archant
A woman who is recovering from cancer has teamed up with a local business to raise money for charity.
Dawn Gilbert, of Highwood Gardens, Gants Hill, and Paul Silver, the owner of Silver Services Estate Agents, also in Gants Hill, found a unique way to help Cancer Research UK on Saturday.
Paul had been struggling to find someone to wear a sandwich board advertising his Woodford Avenue business, when Dawn said she would gladly do it in exchange for a £200 donation to the cause.
The 54-year-old, who is in remission from leiomyosarcoma, said: “I do feel a bit of a prat [wearing the board].
“[But] when you’ve had cancer, you naturally become more involved in these things.”
You may also want to watch:
Dawn, who finished her radiotherapy last April, will give the donation to a friend who is doing the Race for Life for the charity on May 24.
Paul said: “My father-in-law died of cancer, a friend of mine died from cancer last year. People I know are suffering.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
“I said [to Dawn] I can’t think of anything better.
“I would like to continue donating to charities if people are prepared to wear the board.”
For more information and to donate to the charity, visit cancerresearchuk.org.