Gants Hill cub scout leader in running for Young Citizen Award
A 20-year-old who gives up her time to lead 36 cub scouts in fun activities, has been nominated for our Young Citizen Award.
Louise Taylor, of Southview Crescent, Gants Hill, was “instrumental” in organising Ilford cub scouts’ Diamond Jubilee celebrations, according to district commissioner Cliff Everitt who nominated her.
Louise makes a weekly commitment as an assistant cub scout leader with the second Ilford North pack at St Laurence’s Church Hall, Emmott Avenue, Barkingside.
She also gladly gives up evenings and weekends for events and camping trips.
Mr Everitt said: “She is a role model for other young people that work full time yet still commit so much to volunteering.”
You may also want to watch:
Louise, who took first aid and climbing instruction courses to boost her leadership skills, is will supervise youngsters on a trip to Disneyland in Paris in January.
She said: “The children come from a lot of different backgrounds. They didn’t know any of the other children but now they’re best friends.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care