Gants Hill community group calling for volunteers
A Gants Hill community group is inviting volunteers to hold classes,
Rascals, based at Gants Hill Methodist Church, meets twice a week to hold classes and events for local residents who are elderly, have learning difficulties, or just want to join in.
Group leader Philip Joseph has been running Rascals for 22 years.
He said: “We help people in the community. A lot of people come because they want to do something constructive, to learn new things and maybe people living alone want some company.”
The art work done by members of the group has been exhibited around Redbridge and the group once received an �1,000 donation from an admirer of their work.
You may also want to watch:
Philip is keen for volunteers to introduce new activities to members.
He said: “They can do arts and crafts, painting, drawing, anything they like.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
“We’d also like volunteers to help us with the little things, from setting up chairs to making tea and being a friend.”
Rascals meet on Monday from 10.30am to 12.30pm and on Friday from 10am until noon at Gants Hill Methodist Church, Gants Hill Crescent.
If you would like to volunteer or join, call Philip on 0208 590 3125.