Gants Hill community group calling for volunteers
A Gants Hill community group is inviting volunteers to hold classes,
Rascals, based at Gants Hill Methodist Church, meets twice a week to hold classes and events for local residents who are elderly, have learning difficulties, or just want to join in.
Group leader Philip Joseph has been running Rascals for 22 years.
He said: “We help people in the community. A lot of people come because they want to do something constructive, to learn new things and maybe people living alone want some company.”
The art work done by members of the group has been exhibited around Redbridge and the group once received an �1,000 donation from an admirer of their work.
You may also want to watch:
Philip is keen for volunteers to introduce new activities to members.
He said: “They can do arts and crafts, painting, drawing, anything they like.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
“We’d also like volunteers to help us with the little things, from setting up chairs to making tea and being a friend.”
Rascals meet on Monday from 10.30am to 12.30pm and on Friday from 10am until noon at Gants Hill Methodist Church, Gants Hill Crescent.
If you would like to volunteer or join, call Philip on 0208 590 3125.