Gants Hill community group calling for volunteers
A Gants Hill community group is inviting volunteers to hold classes,
Rascals, based at Gants Hill Methodist Church, meets twice a week to hold classes and events for local residents who are elderly, have learning difficulties, or just want to join in.
Group leader Philip Joseph has been running Rascals for 22 years.
He said: “We help people in the community. A lot of people come because they want to do something constructive, to learn new things and maybe people living alone want some company.”
The art work done by members of the group has been exhibited around Redbridge and the group once received an �1,000 donation from an admirer of their work.
You may also want to watch:
Philip is keen for volunteers to introduce new activities to members.
He said: “They can do arts and crafts, painting, drawing, anything they like.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
“We’d also like volunteers to help us with the little things, from setting up chairs to making tea and being a friend.”
Rascals meet on Monday from 10.30am to 12.30pm and on Friday from 10am until noon at Gants Hill Methodist Church, Gants Hill Crescent.
If you would like to volunteer or join, call Philip on 0208 590 3125.