Gallery: Youngsters show off athletic skills at school sports days
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters showed off their athletic abilities to parents and teachers at two school sports days.
Children from Aldborough Primary and Cranbrook Primary have both enjoyed their annual sports days, which featured disciplines such as javelin, shot put and hurdles, as well as traditional favourites such as the sack race and the egg and spoon race.
Aldborough pupils were divided into two teams – with the red team snatching the crown from last year’s winners the blues.
Principal Nicola Percy called Saturday’s event at Loxford School of Science and Technology a “massive success” and said the children were to be congratulated on their “effort, perseverance and sportsmanship”.
Cranbrook School, in The Drive, Ilford, held its own event on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
PE co-ordinator Michael Tracey said: “It was a really good day and we had a great turnout of parents from the community – more than 1,000 came.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses