Gallery: Wanstead Festival returns with fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
There was fun for all the family at a community event yesterday.
The annual Wanstead Festival returned to Christchurch Green and laid on a variety of entertainment.
Among the highlights were live bands, cultural performances, a classic car show and sports tasters.
The organisers of Art Trail Wanstead also had their own stall, which featured Anna Bisset’s Peace Dove sculpture.
For the youngsters, there was face painting, a climbing wall and arts and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
The attraction, in High Street, was organised by the borough’s now abolished Area Committee One forum (funded from the 2013/14 budget) and Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure.
See our gallery of pictures on this page.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines