Gallery - spring arrives in Redbridge
- Credit: citizenside.com
Has spring arrived in Redbridge? Judging by these lovely snaps by Recorder readers, it appears to be the case - click on the link to the right for a full gallery.
From the first blossom in Valentines Park in Emerson Road, Ilford, to crocuses and daffodils flowering in gardens, the past couple of weeks have provided some sunnier days for readers to get out and about with their cameras. They submitted the best of their efforts on our community website iWitness24.
Ron Jeffries, 80, of Spearpoint Gardens, Aldborough Hatch, is the envy of passers-by as his front garden is bursting with snowdrops, daffodils and crocuses, which he and his wife planted in October and November.
He said: “We’ve got quite a pretty front garden and a pleasant back garden. A lot of people stop and stare at the flowers. We’re pleased to plant them out.
“I get a lot of pleasure from it, it keeps us active. We’re both 80 and it’s a good thing to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the garden.”
You may also want to watch:
According to the Met Office, spring officially began on Saturday and Ron agreed that it may have come a bit earlier this year, because we have had no snow.
But he wasn’t convinced that there won’t be more bad weather before the summer.
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
- 10 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
n To sign up to iWitness24 and to share your news and photos, visit iwitness24.co.uk.