Gallery - spring arrives in Redbridge
- Credit: citizenside.com
Has spring arrived in Redbridge? Judging by these lovely snaps by Recorder readers, it appears to be the case - click on the link to the right for a full gallery.
From the first blossom in Valentines Park in Emerson Road, Ilford, to crocuses and daffodils flowering in gardens, the past couple of weeks have provided some sunnier days for readers to get out and about with their cameras. They submitted the best of their efforts on our community website iWitness24.
Ron Jeffries, 80, of Spearpoint Gardens, Aldborough Hatch, is the envy of passers-by as his front garden is bursting with snowdrops, daffodils and crocuses, which he and his wife planted in October and November.
He said: “We’ve got quite a pretty front garden and a pleasant back garden. A lot of people stop and stare at the flowers. We’re pleased to plant them out.
“I get a lot of pleasure from it, it keeps us active. We’re both 80 and it’s a good thing to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the garden.”
You may also want to watch:
According to the Met Office, spring officially began on Saturday and Ron agreed that it may have come a bit earlier this year, because we have had no snow.
But he wasn’t convinced that there won’t be more bad weather before the summer.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
n To sign up to iWitness24 and to share your news and photos, visit iwitness24.co.uk.