Gallery: Sixth form students display talents through exhibition at their Ilford school
- Credit: Archant
The talents of sixth formers in the borough were put on show at a special exhibition.
Photography, textiles and art students from the Loxford School of Science and Technology, in Loxford Lane, Ilford, proudly displayed their creations at an event on Thursday.
The exhibitors were made up of both A-Level and AS-Level students, who have been working across a range of topics for their courses.
Those taking textiles have produced work looking at architecture, Spanish culture and the seven deadly sins, while Year 12 students have been looking at the theme of “memories”.
Photographic students have investigated themes such as colour, pattern and texture, portraiture and landscape.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s head of art and photography, Louisa Spring, said: “The outcomes from these department areas showcase the students’ talent as well as the excellent skills that they have learnt during their A-Levels at Loxford School.”
She added that one pupil has been accepted to study the foundation course at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, while two other students are set to attend Ravensbourne, a college of art, design and media.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers