Gallery: Redbridge Schools Choral Festival 2014
- Credit: Archant
Last night the children of Redbridge took over the Royal Albert Hall during the 20th biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival.
Nearly 2000 children from all over the borough took part in the event which gives kids the opportunity to perform at the famous old venue.
The show was full of sound, colour and culture, check out our picture gallery by clicking on the link to the right.
Pick up tomorrows copy of the Ilford Recorder for more on the festival.
Cllr Joyce Ryan, Cabinet Member for Culture and Leisure, said “It was a wonderful choral festival, a very diverse programme which included a new commission by Chris Wilcox, performed for the first time by the massed choirs and the Redbridge Music School Symphony Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
“Over 1800 children and young people from Redbridge schools took part and I am very proud of how they performed throughout the evening.
“A huge thank you should go to the teachers for all the hard work that has gone into making the event such a huge success. We are also delighted that a donation will be made to the mayors chosen charity Hopes and Dreams’.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses