GALLERY: High and lows of Russell Slade as Leyton Orient boss
- Credit: Archant
Russell Slade ended his four-and-a-half year spell as Leyton Orient manager when resigning from the post last week.
Here we chart his highs and lows from his time at Brisbane Road.
April 6, 2010: Appointed as boss with six games of the League One season to go, as the O’s bid to avoid relegation.
April 13, 2010: Pulled off a shock 2-1 victory over then league leaders Norwich City thanks to an early Sean Thornton double.
May 1, 2010: A 2-0 win over Wycombe Wanderers saw Slade and the O’s secure survival with a game to go.
You may also want to watch:
May 14, 2010: Signed a two-year contract following their survival.
June 2, 2010: Slade signed Dean Cox on a two-year deal from Brighton.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
Nov 2, 2011: A slow start to the new season saw O’s as low as 19th in the table, before going on a great run.
Feb 20, 2011: Jonathan Tehoue’s 89th minute equaliser sealed a memorable draw for the O’s in the fifth round of the FA Cup against Premier League giants Arsenal, though they went on to lose the replay 5-0 at the Emirates.
March 15, 2011: A 1-0 win at Hartlepool United completed a 14-game unbeaten run in the league which catapulted them up into play-off contention.
May 7, 2011: A 4-1 win over Plymouth wasn’t enough though as they finished a place off the play-offs.
September 22, 2011: Given the dreaded vote of confidence following a 10-game winless run to start the season.
April 28, 2012: Despite a 2-1 loss at Hartlepool United, O’s just about held on to their place in League One after other results went their way.
November 7, 2013: Another slow start saw the O’s in 20th place, perilously close to the drop zone.
January 8, 2013: David Mooney’s late winner against Yeovil Town seals Orient’s spot in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy area final before a 2-1 aggregate loss to Southend United.
April 27, 2013: The O’s just miss out on the play-offs for the second time in three seasons.
September 23, 2013: A 2-0 success over Brentford sealed the O’s eighth consecutive league win as they started the season in form.
May 13, 2013: Dean Cox and Chris Dagnall net against Peteborough United to secure a play-off final spot.
May 25, 2013: Let a 2-0 half-time lead slip before Dagnall’s penalty shoot-out miss sees Rotherham United promoted.
September 13, 2014: A 2-0 home loss to 10-man Colchester United sees Slade handed one game to save his job.
September 24, 2014: Resigns following a 1-0 Capital One Cup third round loss to Sheffield United.