Gallery: Frozen comes to Wanstead as Elsas, Annas and Olafs line up for sing-a-long
- Credit: Archant
It’s a Disney hit famous for its songs about building snowmen.
But fans of Frozen were more focused on building playgrounds at a fundraising sing-a-long on Saturday.
The Wanstead Playground Association hosted the event at The Duke in Nightingale Lane, Wanstead, as part of a crowdfunding effort to refurbish the park in Wanstead High Street.
Organiser Nicola Jarratt said: “The event went really well.
“35 Elsas, Annas and Olafs sang along to the film while being entertained by Loopy Loo Parties’ Sarah Odell, with cookie decorating provided by Laura Omotosho from Cinnamon Cake Company.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the event raised more than £300 in aid of the appeal, which has already raised £8,000 of its £13,000 target.
Nicola said the support of businesses including Dabora Conway, Martin & Co, Zeeba Daycare and Douglas Allen had helped boost funds.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 5 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Visit spacehive.com/wansteadplayground to donate.