Gallery: Former Status Quo star Jeff Rich brings rock and roll spirit to Goodmayes school
- Credit: Archant
A taste of rock and roll was brought to a primary school when it was visited by a famous drummer.
Jeff Rich stopped by at Mayespark Primary School, in Goodmayes Lane, Goodmayes, to lead Year Four and Year Six pupils in a percussion workshop.
The musician is the former drummer of Status Quo, who are known for anthem Rockin’ All Over the World.
Jeff brought along his own drum kit for pupils and teachers to try out, as well as an assortment of other instruments.
Chris Lamb, the school’s headteacher, said: “Jeff Rich provided the children with a fantastic opportunity to understand both the history of drumming and how different cultures use drums.
You may also want to watch:
“All of the children had a go at playing different percussion instruments themselves. One child said that he felt inspired to learn the drums.
“All of the children enjoyed the beats and rhythms that Jeff produced and were keen to clap along.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
“They thoroughly enjoyed the experience and hope that Jeff can return to Mayespark again.”
To view photos from the workshop, see our picture gallery on the top right.