Gallery: Flower fanatics bloom at Chigwell flower show
- Credit: Archant
Pretty petals and flower arrangements went on display at a flower show yesterday.
The two-day Far Pavilions show, held by the National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies, hosted flower arranging workshops, talks and a gala reception in the evening with wine and canapes.
Keen growers have been entering their finest flower arrangements in categories including Magic Carpet - which must include sari silk in the display - and Paradise Is A Garden - a category for people featuring foliage.
The show continues today at Chigwell Hall, in High Road, Chigwell, from 10am till 5pm, with flower arranging demonstrations from renowned florist Michael Bowyer taking place at 11.30am.
Wanstead Flower Club member Margot Cooper, of Wanstead, said: “People should come to admire the beautiful flowers and the beautiful grounds of Chigwell Hall.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We had quite a few people come down yesterday and there was some really lovely displays.”
Call 020 8657 7632 for more information.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole