G20: N-Ice one for campaigners at ExCeL for summit...
A GIANT ice block was brought to ExCeL today by environmental campaigners…and police helped the campaigners set up their display inside the exclusion zone. The Fossil Fools Day Climate Emergency demo was held outside the exhibition and conference centre
A GIANT ice block was brought to ExCeL today by environmental campaigners...and police helped the campaigners set up their display inside the exclusion zone.
The Fossil Fools Day Climate Emergency demo was held outside the exhibition and conference centre the day before world leaders were due for the G20 summit.
The group encouraged supporters to bring their own ice blocks and to dress in white.
The demonstration was peaceful and to the point...unlike the protests going on in central London
You may also want to watch:
Riot police had to be sent in after G20 demonstrators attacked a uniformed officer and stormed a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland in central London.
Protesters smashed windows at the RBS building and clambered inside.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
Police on foot backed up by a line of mounted officers lined up outside the branch as smoke bombs were thrown by a baying crowd.
Earlier, a protester hit an officer with a large pole during large-scale protests ahead of the G20 summit of world leaders.