G20: N-Ice one for campaigners at ExCeL for summit...
A GIANT ice block was brought to ExCeL today by environmental campaigners…and police helped the campaigners set up their display inside the exclusion zone. The Fossil Fools Day Climate Emergency demo was held outside the exhibition and conference centre
A GIANT ice block was brought to ExCeL today by environmental campaigners...and police helped the campaigners set up their display inside the exclusion zone.
The Fossil Fools Day Climate Emergency demo was held outside the exhibition and conference centre the day before world leaders were due for the G20 summit.
The group encouraged supporters to bring their own ice blocks and to dress in white.
The demonstration was peaceful and to the point...unlike the protests going on in central London
You may also want to watch:
Riot police had to be sent in after G20 demonstrators attacked a uniformed officer and stormed a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland in central London.
Protesters smashed windows at the RBS building and clambered inside.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Police on foot backed up by a line of mounted officers lined up outside the branch as smoke bombs were thrown by a baying crowd.
Earlier, a protester hit an officer with a large pole during large-scale protests ahead of the G20 summit of world leaders.