G20: N-Ice one for campaigners at ExCeL for summit...
A GIANT ice block was brought to ExCeL today by environmental campaigners…and police helped the campaigners set up their display inside the exclusion zone. The Fossil Fools Day Climate Emergency demo was held outside the exhibition and conference centre
A GIANT ice block was brought to ExCeL today by environmental campaigners...and police helped the campaigners set up their display inside the exclusion zone.
The Fossil Fools Day Climate Emergency demo was held outside the exhibition and conference centre the day before world leaders were due for the G20 summit.
The group encouraged supporters to bring their own ice blocks and to dress in white.
The demonstration was peaceful and to the point...unlike the protests going on in central London
You may also want to watch:
Riot police had to be sent in after G20 demonstrators attacked a uniformed officer and stormed a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland in central London.
Protesters smashed windows at the RBS building and clambered inside.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
Police on foot backed up by a line of mounted officers lined up outside the branch as smoke bombs were thrown by a baying crowd.
Earlier, a protester hit an officer with a large pole during large-scale protests ahead of the G20 summit of world leaders.