Future of Ilford’s Pioneer Point is secure after delay
The completion of one of Ilford’s most iconic buildings looks to have been secured after months of delays caused by the project owners going into administration.
The future of Pioneer Point in Winston Way, Ilford looked uncertain when tools were downed in March, but the towers will now be completed by London & Regent Construction (L&R), a subsidiary of Empire Property Group International (EPGI).
The 294 one and two bedroom apartments are expected to be on the market “within a matter of weeks”.
As reported in the Recorder at the time, project owners Empire (SPV) Ltd, a subsidary of EPGI, went into administration in March.
EPGI, controlled by Hayden Chittell and German bank Helaba, successfully restructured the financial arrangements.
You may also want to watch:
Mayfield ward Cllr Jas Athwall said: “I welcome the fact work will be completed, as it is just a shell at the moment. However, despite the fact I am happy to see it finished, I think in the early stages of development a lot more planning was needed.”
It is understood rooms in the blocks were being fitted out, air condition units were being installed and electrical work taking place before work was suspended.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
Loxford ward Cllr Filly Maravala added: “I think people will be apprehensive because of the increase in traffic and many don’t see the point of having a 33-storey building when social housing is needed.”