Further delays on A406 between Ilford and Walthamstow as lorry breaks down after earlier accident
- Credit: Archant
There are still severe delays on the A406 due to a broken down lorry after an earlier accident caused huge tailbacks this morning.
There is still queueing traffic southbound at the Ilford flyover as the broken down vehicle is blocking one lane.
Police were called to the A406 at 6.10am today after reports of a collision between two cars on the A406 in Ilford at the junction with Romford Road.
No-one was reported to be injured and the drivers and passengers were stood outside their vehicles when emergency services arrived.
An operation is underway to remove the vehicles from the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
There are long delays on the A406 North Circular southbound in Ilford, after the Ilford flyover.
Congestion now backs up to the Crooked Billet in Walthamstow.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
All lanes have now reopened.