Further delays on A406 between Ilford and Walthamstow as lorry breaks down after earlier accident
- Credit: Archant
There are still severe delays on the A406 due to a broken down lorry after an earlier accident caused huge tailbacks this morning.
There is still queueing traffic southbound at the Ilford flyover as the broken down vehicle is blocking one lane.
Police were called to the A406 at 6.10am today after reports of a collision between two cars on the A406 in Ilford at the junction with Romford Road.
No-one was reported to be injured and the drivers and passengers were stood outside their vehicles when emergency services arrived.
An operation is underway to remove the vehicles from the carriageway.
There are long delays on the A406 North Circular southbound in Ilford, after the Ilford flyover.
Congestion now backs up to the Crooked Billet in Walthamstow.
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 8 London among areas where drought is declared
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
All lanes have now reopened.