‘Furry friends’ workshops helping children care for pets in Newbury Park
Learn more about our fury, scaled and finned friends with a series of workshops for kids hosted by Pets at Home, in Newbury Park, this summer.
As part of the store’s Kids’ Holiday Pet Club, the free events will teach youngsters how to look after the pets they can see along the aisles in Horns Road.
The ‘Furry Friends’ workshop will focus on small animals, including rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters, while the ‘Scales and Fins’ version will teach children about fish, reptiles and other wildlife.
Store manager, Tony Bentick, said: “Last year’s workshops were extremely popular and we’ve already had lots of enquiries into the next ones, so we’re expecting them to be very busy.”
Children that attend will be given a certificate at the end of the workshops, as well as an activity book, free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact the store on 0845 600 9520, or visit petsathome.com.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines