‘Furry friends’ workshops helping children care for pets in Newbury Park
Learn more about our fury, scaled and finned friends with a series of workshops for kids hosted by Pets at Home, in Newbury Park, this summer.
As part of the store’s Kids’ Holiday Pet Club, the free events will teach youngsters how to look after the pets they can see along the aisles in Horns Road.
The ‘Furry Friends’ workshop will focus on small animals, including rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters, while the ‘Scales and Fins’ version will teach children about fish, reptiles and other wildlife.
Store manager, Tony Bentick, said: “Last year’s workshops were extremely popular and we’ve already had lots of enquiries into the next ones, so we’re expecting them to be very busy.”
Children that attend will be given a certificate at the end of the workshops, as well as an activity book, free of charge.
For more information, contact the store on 0845 600 9520, or visit petsathome.com.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on