Funky Mojoes withdraws application to stay open till 3am
Nightclub, Funky Mojoes in South Woodford has withdrawn its application to stay open till 3am.
The club, which regularly draws in celebrity clientele, originally applied for six temporary event licenses to remain open later.
The popular venue which normally closes between 2-2.30am on Friday and Saturday nights hoped to stay open later on June 5, August 27, October 29, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Years Eve this year.
The Licensing Sub-Committee was expected to come to a decision today at Redbridge Town Hall, Ilford before the application was withdrawn and the club has since refused to comment.
The Grade II listed building, which was formerly the White Hart Pub, received a number of objections from residents.
You may also want to watch:
The Anti-Social Behaviour Team also strongly believed that if the application was granted it would result in further public nuisance to residents in the vicinity of the premises.
According to records, about 44 complaints have been received against the club from January 31, 2010 to May 8 this year regarding noise caused by large crowds in the street, litter, verbal abuse and intimidation to local residents.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones