Funky Mojoes withdraws application to stay open till 3am
Nightclub, Funky Mojoes in South Woodford has withdrawn its application to stay open till 3am.
The club, which regularly draws in celebrity clientele, originally applied for six temporary event licenses to remain open later.
The popular venue which normally closes between 2-2.30am on Friday and Saturday nights hoped to stay open later on June 5, August 27, October 29, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Years Eve this year.
The Licensing Sub-Committee was expected to come to a decision today at Redbridge Town Hall, Ilford before the application was withdrawn and the club has since refused to comment.
The Grade II listed building, which was formerly the White Hart Pub, received a number of objections from residents.
You may also want to watch:
The Anti-Social Behaviour Team also strongly believed that if the application was granted it would result in further public nuisance to residents in the vicinity of the premises.
According to records, about 44 complaints have been received against the club from January 31, 2010 to May 8 this year regarding noise caused by large crowds in the street, litter, verbal abuse and intimidation to local residents.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan