Fun for all the family as Fairlop Fair returns today
- Credit: Archant
An action-packed attraction full of fun for all the family returns today.
Fairlop Waters Country Park is staging its third annual Fairlop Fair, which is inspired by a historical fair which took place at the site for 150 years.
More than 5,000 people turned out at last year’s event and it is hoped even more will come along today.
The park will be divided into different zones containing activities for adults and children alike.
One of the highlights will be the Fairlop Arena, which will feature performances from the Woodford Choir, Roding Primary School Choir, the Valentines Singers and the Chingford Morris Men, who will also be running a workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Bicycle Ballet will be running a session called Strictly Cycling, which will include a combination of cycling and movement, and visitors are encouraged to bring along their best Alice in Wonderland costumes to the Redbridge Cafe for a series of Mad Hatter tea parties.
Over at the Pooch Tent, Catwalk Pets will be hosting a dogs’ fashion show, which will display the latest pet accessories.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
There will also be a pop-up shop and Doggy’s Delights will be manning a mobile grooming salon.
An array of activities will be available at the fair’s Village Green, including psychic readings, fairground rides, a football area manned by Redbridge Football Club players and entertainment from Redbridge Music Lounge.
Other zones will include the Story Boat for children, the Tour de France-themed Cycle Wheel, the Silver Wheels Roller Disco, Back to Nature and an arts and crafts marquee.
The fair is from 11am to 6pm at the site in Forest Road, Barkingside, which is run by Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure.
For more details visit Redbridge Council’s website.