From superheroes to TOWIE - dog fashion show with eye-catching themes is planned for Fairlop Fair
- Credit: Archant
Barkingside lived up to its name on Saturday when canine friends donned their best threads to promote a forthcoming dog fashion show.
The Catwalk Pets store in High Street is teaming up with Vision Redbridge, the council’s leisure arm, to put on the doggy extravaganza at next month’s Fairlop Fair.
The shop has already recruited 13 pooches who will take to, of all things, a catwalk dressed in various themes.
From a Staffordshire Bull Terrier dressed as Superman in the superheroes category to dogs wearing bindis as part of Asian Glam, it looks set to raise a few laughs.
The other fashion themes are The Only Way Is Essex, James Bond and the jungle.
You may also want to watch:
Having turned her back on the adage of never working with animals, store owner Shaz Dar said: “To be truthful, I’m going to have a nervous breakdown and then go on holiday.
“We’re working really hard and the council has been brilliant.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Outfits have been ordered or specially made and will be auctioned after the show to raise money for a RSPCA dog shelter.
There will also be dog groomers, advice from vets, a doggy disco and a Pup Idol competition.
The fair is at Fairlop Waters Country Park on July 6.