From superheroes to TOWIE - dog fashion show with eye-catching themes is planned for Fairlop Fair
- Credit: Archant
Barkingside lived up to its name on Saturday when canine friends donned their best threads to promote a forthcoming dog fashion show.
The Catwalk Pets store in High Street is teaming up with Vision Redbridge, the council’s leisure arm, to put on the doggy extravaganza at next month’s Fairlop Fair.
The shop has already recruited 13 pooches who will take to, of all things, a catwalk dressed in various themes.
From a Staffordshire Bull Terrier dressed as Superman in the superheroes category to dogs wearing bindis as part of Asian Glam, it looks set to raise a few laughs.
The other fashion themes are The Only Way Is Essex, James Bond and the jungle.
You may also want to watch:
Having turned her back on the adage of never working with animals, store owner Shaz Dar said: “To be truthful, I’m going to have a nervous breakdown and then go on holiday.
“We’re working really hard and the council has been brilliant.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
Outfits have been ordered or specially made and will be auctioned after the show to raise money for a RSPCA dog shelter.
There will also be dog groomers, advice from vets, a doggy disco and a Pup Idol competition.
The fair is at Fairlop Waters Country Park on July 6.