Friends of Wanstead Parklands hosting two walks
The Friends of Wanstead Parklands are hosting two walks this week.
Today, Tricia Moxey will lead a midsummer wildflower walk around the exchange lands, from 7.15-9pm.
Participants will need to meet in front of the riding stables at the end of Empress Avenue.
On Sunday, the group will be leading a free, two-mile guided walk around Wanstead Park.
The main focus will be on the history, construction and problems of the lake system in the park.
You may also want to watch:
The walk will begin at 11am from the entrance on Blake Hall Road, finishing at The Temple.
Paths may be muddy so suitable footwear should be worn.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses