French food and culture in Barkingside High Street today
Barkingside takes on a Gallic flavour on Saturday for an evening of French cultural treats.
Light Night, or Nuit Blanche, festivals are now held worldwide to allow people to celebrate their cities at night.
Redbridge’s version will host food sellers with fresh local produce in the square in front of Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside.
The square will be “colourfully lit” and will hold long tables to allow people to eat together.
Musicians will be performing in front of a “French-style dance area” and an open-air cinema will be screening classic French films.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 4-8pm and the library and Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre will stay open later than normal.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge