French food and culture in Barkingside High Street today
Barkingside takes on a Gallic flavour on Saturday for an evening of French cultural treats.
Light Night, or Nuit Blanche, festivals are now held worldwide to allow people to celebrate their cities at night.
Redbridge’s version will host food sellers with fresh local produce in the square in front of Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside.
The square will be “colourfully lit” and will hold long tables to allow people to eat together.
Musicians will be performing in front of a “French-style dance area” and an open-air cinema will be screening classic French films.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 4-8pm and the library and Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre will stay open later than normal.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder