Free educational workshops in Newbury Park for Rabbit Awareness Week
Children can make some fluffy friends at free educational workshops in Newbury Park this weekend.
Pets at Home, in Newbury Retail Park, is holding a series of events in aid of Rabbit Awareness Week (September 15 to 22).
Free workshops will teach children how to care for rabbits responsibly and introduce them to some of the shop’s floppy-eared residents.
Shop manager Tony Bentick said the sessions will help people feed their pets the right food to keep them healthy.
He added: “Rabbits make great family pets but there are several important factors to consider such as how to handle rabbits gently and carefully, what kind of foods rabbits can and can’t eat, where they should live and how to keep them entertained.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of people don’t realise that eating iceberg lettuce can actually be life threatening to rabbits.
The workshops will not only teach children about the great fun and companionship rabbit ownership brings, but also about the level of care and dedication required before deciding to get a pet.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
The workshops will start at 12pm this Saturday and Sunday and on September 22 and 23.