Free educational workshops in Newbury Park for Rabbit Awareness Week
Children can make some fluffy friends at free educational workshops in Newbury Park this weekend.
Pets at Home, in Newbury Retail Park, is holding a series of events in aid of Rabbit Awareness Week (September 15 to 22).
Free workshops will teach children how to care for rabbits responsibly and introduce them to some of the shop’s floppy-eared residents.
Shop manager Tony Bentick said the sessions will help people feed their pets the right food to keep them healthy.
He added: “Rabbits make great family pets but there are several important factors to consider such as how to handle rabbits gently and carefully, what kind of foods rabbits can and can’t eat, where they should live and how to keep them entertained.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of people don’t realise that eating iceberg lettuce can actually be life threatening to rabbits.
The workshops will not only teach children about the great fun and companionship rabbit ownership brings, but also about the level of care and dedication required before deciding to get a pet.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
The workshops will start at 12pm this Saturday and Sunday and on September 22 and 23.