Free educational workshops in Newbury Park for Rabbit Awareness Week
Children can make some fluffy friends at free educational workshops in Newbury Park this weekend.
Pets at Home, in Newbury Retail Park, is holding a series of events in aid of Rabbit Awareness Week (September 15 to 22).
Free workshops will teach children how to care for rabbits responsibly and introduce them to some of the shop’s floppy-eared residents.
Shop manager Tony Bentick said the sessions will help people feed their pets the right food to keep them healthy.
He added: “Rabbits make great family pets but there are several important factors to consider such as how to handle rabbits gently and carefully, what kind of foods rabbits can and can’t eat, where they should live and how to keep them entertained.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of people don’t realise that eating iceberg lettuce can actually be life threatening to rabbits.
The workshops will not only teach children about the great fun and companionship rabbit ownership brings, but also about the level of care and dedication required before deciding to get a pet.”
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
The workshops will start at 12pm this Saturday and Sunday and on September 22 and 23.