Frankie Cocozza wins round Faces nightclub crowd with help of X-Factor mate Amelia Lily
X-Factor rebel Frankie Cocozza rallied through boos at Faces nightclub in Gants Hill last night to win round the crowd with a three-song set.
The 18-year-old has attracted more media attention for his love life than his singing in recent weeks.
But he showed his best side as a performer during the club’s regular Love Play night, according to promoter George Mensah.
Frankie appeared at the venue in Cranbrook Road, Ilford, with fellow X Factor star Amelia Lily and around 600 fans.
But only a couple of days after a reported bust-up with paparazzi at the ITV show’s wrap party, he was on his best behaviour according to Mr Mensah, director of Love4Clubbing.com.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Frankie did three tracks. “He got a mixed reaction at the beginning but he’s really good and he played to the crowd.
“Any boos he got he reacted with a boo back himself and by the end everyone thought he was funny.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
“With Frankie you either love him or hate him.
“We had him up in the VIP area and the security only had him and his friends in so we didn’t put him in the middle of the dance floor.
“As far as I could see he was pretty cool, him and Amelia were chatting most of the night with his friends.”
“Amelia was coming to support Frankie and word got about and it went a bit mental in Essex and on Twitter and Facebook.”
After silencing the boos, Frankie closed his set with The A Team by Ed Sheeran, a song which won a favourable reaction from judges on the TV show.
Faces is a regular celeb-haunt for its Love Play night, with the cast of the Made In Chelsea TV show and Lauren Goodger, one of the stars of The Only Way Is Essex, making recent appearances.
The night will be transformed into a Christmas party next Thursday (December 22) and will hold a New Year’s Eve warm-up on December 29.
Read more about Frankie’s night in next week’s Ilford Recorder, out on Thursday.