Fourth year running for Love Vintage fashion and furniture fair
- Credit: Archant
A fashion and furniture enthusiast has celebrated her fourth year in bringing vintage to Wanstead on Saturday.
Cary Whitley, the woman behind Love Vintage, opened her quarterly Vintage Fashion & Brocante Fair to shoppers and collectors at the Christchurch Hall, Wanstead Place.
The Love Vintage fair played host to 34 approved sellers, who displayed an array of unique fashion and furniture from the past for shoppers to get their hands on.
Cary is keen collector of all things vintage, and has been doing so for almost two decades.
Fair organiser Cary, who has a passion for collecting unique buttons, said: “You will find things that you won’t find on the high street and it’s a lovely day out.”
You may also want to watch:
The Love Vintage founder acknowledged the growing interest in vintage items and collecting culture.
She added: “We have got young designers from college, we have dress makers, people that collect vintage, there’s a huge interest in vintage now - things have considerably changed.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
Fair-goers bought handbags, hats and bargain vintage designer pieces before enjoying “retro ice cream” from the Vintage Dotty catering caravan.
Cary said: “There was a beautiful Christian Dior man suit that would have fitted my husband, but it was a bit too small!
“I hand picked all the store holders - people know that they’re getting good quality.”